We strive to create a generative local food production system that is economically, socially and ecologically viable at creating resilient, life-supporting systems.
Casitas Valley Farm is a family owned and held business that strives to build natural capital, soil, and local food stability. We have four generations that live here together, along with a team of skilled "extended family" members. Using permaculture principles applied in business and on the farm to bring communities together around the source of their nutrition.
We are at a pivotal time in history where we must stop stealing from our grandchildren to feed ourselves and take responsibility for our lives and the resources we borrow from them. The time is at hand for us to invest in a manner that gives life and generously supports the generations to come.
We've developed a social investment strategy that involves the creative and consciously integrated design principles found in Permaculture, multi-enterprise development with vested entrepreneurs as project managers, direct-to-consumer marketing strategies, and a unique investment return approach that has modest returns backed by the farm and the land.
What We've Achieved Since 2012
- Begun a heritage breed Piggery that feeds off the local waste streams from Breweries, Juicery, and other Farms.
- Incorporated interstitial planting and living mulch strategies in the Avocado Orchards to promote soil and tree health.
- Opened our Farm Stand to the community with fresh produce and hand crafted goods.
- Held courses in Permaculture and Charcuterie to share the knowledge with our community.
- Implemented earthworks to slow the movement of water and store it in the soil.
- Developing a bio-intensive Market Garden that services local restaurants.
- Installed solar panels to feed our irrigation system.
- Begun a local, organic artisan cheese creamery - currently not in operation while we help develop a local dairy sourcing option with our community.