AT CASITAS VALLEY GROWERS WE ARE ON A MISSION TO PRODUCE DELICIOUS, HIGH QUALITY, NUTRIENT DENSE FOOD FOR OUR LOCAL MARKET THROUGH REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE PRACTICES.
Casitas Valley Growers currently produces for and sells direct to local restaurants and chefs.
- Vegetables - Offerings from our Market Garden vary in accordance with the seasons and represent the best adapted varietals we have found for our unique climate. To request to be added to our weekly fresh sheet please visit the 805 Food Hub Registration Page or email email@example.com or call directly at (866) 823-7315.
- Microgreens - We grow microgreens by contract on an individual client basis. Typical lead times range from 10-14 days. To request a sample please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (866) 823-7315. Visit Mountain Valley's Microgreens Seeds list to browse potential microgreen crops if you are looking for something specific. We can grow mixes/varietals to your specification. We currently grow the following varietals, but are always experimenting!
- Mushrooms (coming Late Fall 2016!)
- Blue Oyster
- Pink Oyster
- Grey Oyster
- Wine Cap Stropharia
Produce healthy food.
- Feed ourselves, our family & our community.
- Feed and grow the soil.
Build soil health and depth.
- Local and on-site nutrient cycling.
- Crop diversification
- Precise water management.
Establish a resilient local pollinator and pest predator population.
- Create profitable perennial pollinator habitats integrated throughout the market garden.
- Installation of bat boxes, bird houses and insect hotels.
Create a closed loop nutrient cycling system
- Thermophilic compost, vermicompost, compost tea and fish hydrolysate.
Develop a Beautiful example of a well designed functional agriculture system.
- Well maintained integrated elements
- A place for everything and everything in it’s place
Provide education through community outreach
- Farm Tours, demonstrations, workshops
We operate a no-till market garden system that uses continuous cropping, compost and tilthing to increase the organic matter in the humus layer of our soil. We use thermophilic and vermi-composting techniques to produce our own fertilizer on site. We grow as much living mulch on site as currently possible, and we are adding more each day.
Feeding Our Community
Visit the 805 FOOD HUB to become a buyer organization and place an order from Casitas Valley Growers.
- The Food Liaison - http://thefoodliaison.com/
- Rincon Brewery - http://rinconbrewery.com/
- The Farm Cart - http://www.farmcartorganics.com/
- Sama Sama - http://samasamakitchen.com/
- Barbareno - http://barbareno.com/
- SOhO - http://www.sohosb.com/
- Brazil Arts Cafe - http://www.brasilartscafe.com/
- The Blue Owl - http://www.theblueowlsantabarbara.com/
- The Deerlodge - http://www.deerlodgeojai.com/
- Osteria Monte Grappa - http://omgojai.com/
- Colectivo Felix - http://colectivofelix.com/en/
- Bacon & Brine - http://www.baconandbrine.com/
On the Farm
- The Farm Stand at Casitas Valley - http://casitasvalley.com/farmstand/
For more information on how to source from Casitas Valley Growers, please contact Jesse Smith at email@example.com or at 805-649-8179.